Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sharing

I originally started this blog with the idea to not share it with friends and family. This was mostly due to my embarrassment about having depression and seeing a counselor. After several months and quite a bit of reflection, I have decided to change this.
I think it's important for people to learn more about depression so that the stigmas surrounding it can be lifted. Like with any illness, awareness is the best way to overcome the fear of the illness.
So, to my friends and family, I bid you welcome! I hope to create awareness for the mental illness "Depression". Yes, I have depression. No, I am not "crazy" (though I feel that way sometimes). Please feel free to ask questions, make comments, and share feelings and personal experiences.
Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I just want to say you never have to be embarassed around me. I am always hear to listen (or read)anytime you need. And you are not a bad mother :) I never realized until I had a child of my own how truly "thankless" the job is. It wears us out to the point of exhaustion, and the job is never done. I send you hugs from Nevada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Rachael!
    Great job, love it
    cedar

    ReplyDelete