Sunday, September 18, 2011

New Look, New Outlook

I decided its time to change some things.
My blog has a new look, and I have a new outlook.
A recent trip to visit family and friends out of state gave me a new view on life. It amazes me what some of us settle for in life, what some are willing to put up with in their home, family, and from others. I learned that I'm not doing too bad! I tend to be hard on myself a lot, I get depressed, and that leads to being unproductive (for me).
Without getting into too much detail, my observations over the last month have lead me to some conclusions which have given me my new outlook:
1. I am a GREAT mom! Not perfect, but NOT horrible like I thought.
2. I am a GREAT wife, sister, daughter, granddaughter and friend! Though I don't have the corner on those markets, I wasn't giving myself enough credit before.
3. I am stronger when I depend on my Savior, Jesus Christ. All I can do is NOT enough without Him!
4. I know myself!
I had a discussion with a cousin a few weeks ago. He said, "You don't know me." I replied, "No, but I know myself". We spoke about how many people are afraid to know themselves, so they end up staying the same for most of their life.
Soul searching is something I like to do. Sometimes, I don't like what I find, but the beauty of this process is that once I find what I don't like I CAN CHANGE! Staying stagnant isn't an option for me, and never has been.
With this new outlook, I've started climbing out of the depressed rut I've been in, and I'm changing! May you do the same. <3

2 comments:

  1. Your visit definitely gave me a new outlook on being a mother. It was wonderful to chat with you and realize that I am not the only one with trying times and lovingly crazy children! And I'm so thankful you got to come see our darling little baby just a few hours after her birth.

    Thank you, more than you know Rachael!
    XOXO Kten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, I am SOOOOO glad that we got to spend as much time together as we did! I feel the same as you! I've yet find another person who is truly sympathetic to my situation, and I'm not at all surprised that it is YOU! I'm so glad I got to hold your precious little girl too, and to meet your awesome family!
    I will forever and always LOVE YER STINKIN' GUTS!!!
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXO (just a few more to tide you over)

    ReplyDelete